Green Tea Polyphenols “Nutraceuticals of Modern Life”
Lekh R. Juneja, Mahendra P. Kapoor, Tsutomu Okubo, Theertham P. Rao.
May 21, 2013, CRC Press; ISBN: 9781439847886
An update to the original 1997 publication – Chemistry and Applications of Green Tea, Taiyo is pleased to offer the latest scientific information on the chemistry, metabolism and various other aspects of green tea polyphenols and their applications.
- Presents a timely overview of the latest developments on the potential of tea polyphenols.
- Explores most areas of health benefits, each written by experts in their respective fields.
- Addresses possible commercial applications of green tea polyphenols, including often neglected issues due to stringent worldwide regulations.
- Describes green tea culture and processing, bringing together knowledge of cross-cultural practices.
- Covers the fundamental chemistry of the bioactive compounds of tea, including catechins and theaflavins.
- Discusses applications of Sunphenon, the safest of green tea extracts.
- Reviews the latest developments relevant to the industrial prospects of using bioactive components of tea related to non-beverage products.
- Provides enriched knowledge of tea science, tea technology, and the tea industry.